1. It is a condition of joining one of our trips that you must be insured against medical and personal liability risks. Due to UK Government legislation and Financial Services Authority regulations, we are not allowed to offer or recommend travel related insurance to our ‘Bargain Birding Club’ guests. You must provide us with details of your Travel Insurance Provider + Policy Number + Emergency Medical Assistance Telephone Number before you travel.
2. Payment of a non-refundable deposit by cheque or bank transfer will secure your place on a trip.
3. We select hotels based on the best combination of comfort, location and value for money. We do not charge a single room supplement and do not expect our guests to share a room unless they have specifically asked to do so.
4. An entry visa is not required for European countries and Morocco for British citizens. Passports must be valid of for at least 6 months after the trip return date. Non-British guests are responsible for obtaining a visa and any other entry requirements prior to travel.
5. Every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure the trip information on our website is accurate and up to date. If we need to make any amendments or change the trip itinerary due to extreme weather, politics or other unforeseeable and uncontrollable factors (e.g. road closures), then we will communicate these changes as soon as possible. The decision of the ‘Bargain Birding Club’ is final as we have to take into consideration the safety and welfare of all our guests and guides.
6. We ask that smokers refrain from smoking in the proximity of other group guests. This means no smoking whilst bird watching, travelling between the hotel and bird watching sites, or whilst dining with other trip guests.
7. We (Bargain Birding Club) enter into a binding contract with you (trip guest) once you have paid the 50% trip deposit or, if you are travelling within 10 weeks (70 days), you have paid for the trip in full. We both agree that English Law (and no other) will apply to our contract in the unlikely event that a dispute or claim rises between us.
8. You may cancel or amend your booking at any stage provided that you do so in writing or via email. To protect yourself against this eventuality you must purchase comprehensive travel insurance. As we incur costs to secure and process your booking, and given that we operate at a very low margin, the following charges will apply:
• If you cancel your booking more than 70 days before departure we will charge you 50% of the total trip cost
• If you cancel your booking 35-70 days before departure, we will charge you 75% of the total trip cost
• If you cancel your booking less than 35 days before departure, we will charge you 100% of the total trip cost
9. If you transfer your booking to another person more than 70 days before departure, we will charge you 50% of the total trip cost.
10. Our ‘Best Price Guarantee’ means if you find the same trip offered elsewhere on-line with available places we will match that price.
Finally, please remember that you are booking a value for money bird watching trip for birders on a budget so please manage your expectations of the trip accordingly. Think ‘Easy Jet’ not ‘British Airways’, and think ‘Asda-price’ not ‘Harrods’.
Above all else … Respect the people and customs of the country you are in, have fun and happy bargain birding!